Evidence drops his next visual and single today, “Pardon Me”, ahead of new studio album ‘Unlearning Vol. 1’.
Today, one of the foundational voices of underground Hip-Hop, Evidence, releases a new single and music video entitled “Pardon Me”, heralding the release of his forthcoming album ‘Unlearning Vol. 1‘, due out June 25 via Rhymesayers Entertainment. Directed by Stephen Vanasco, the music video follows Evidence as he takes a drive through the Santa Monica Mountains to clear his thoughts. Stopping for a smoke, Evidence delivers contemplative verses as day fades to night:
“Nothing corporate / incorporate what I learned and pay the mortgages / never forfeiting / or forbidding what the greatness of my aura is / I’m orbiting / my son gave me more living…”
‘Unlearning Vol. 1’ was announced on April 23 along with the lead single and music video, “Better You”. Due out June 25, the fourteen-track effort pairs Evidence’s own production with that of The Alchemist, Nottz, Sebb Bash, Animoss, Mr. Green, V Don, Daringer, Khrysis, and EARDRUM (QThree), showcasing Evidence’s uncanny ability to collaborate with a wide range of producers and still deliver a cohesive album. A small but powerful cast of guest appearances decorate the album’s soundscape, with Boldy James, Conway The Machine, Fly Anakin, Navy Blue, and Murkage Dave each holding their own alongside Evidence.
Evidence’s last solo album, ‘Weather Or Not‘, was critically and commercially acclaimed, drawing attention from Billboard, Pitchfork, DJ Booth, and more, as well as being voted 2018’s best album of the year by readers on Ambrosia For Heads. Following the release, in interviews with No Jumper and DJ Booth, Evidence offered insight into his mindset transitioning from Weather Or Not into the writing and recording of what would become ‘Unlearning Vol. 1’. “I don’t feel like I’m Evidence, the character. I feel like I’m me,” he revealed to DJ Booth, adding “I don’t mind evolving publicly.”
More about Evidence:
As a solo artist, and one-third of Dilated Peoples, Evidence has established himself as one of hip-hop’s most accomplished rappers and producers, working with The Alchemist, Beastie Boys, DJ Premier, Westside Gunn, Linkin Park, Prodigy, Rapsody, Aloe Blacc, Action Bronson, Slug (of Atmosphere), Cypress Hill, and many more.
He’s also earned a Grammy Award for co-production on Kanye West’s ‘College Dropout’ and two JUNO Awards for his work with Canadian hip-hop group Swollen Members.
In addition to 3 solo albums and 1 solo EP, he has also recorded and released five albums together with Rakaa Iriscience and DJ Babu as Dilated Peoples, and one album together with The Alchemist as Step Brothers. Evidence is set to release his 4th solo album, ‘Unlearning Vol. 1’ this summer, 2021.
‘Unlearning Vol. 1‘ Tracklisting:
- Better You [Produced by The Alchemist]
- Start The Day With A Beat [Produced by Evidence | Cuts by DJ Skizz]
- Sharks Smell Blood [Produced by Sebb Bash]
- Pardon Me [Produced by Animoss]
- All Of That Said featuring Boldy James [Produced by Evidence]
- Won’t Give Up The Danger featuring Murkage Dave [Produced by Mr Green]
- Moving On Up featuring Conway The Machine [Produced by Daringer | Cuts by DJ Babu]
- Talking To The Audience [Produced by Khrysis]
- All Money 1983 [Produced by EARDRUM (QThree)]
- Pray With An A featuring Navy Blue [Produced by EARDRUM (QThree)]
- Lost In Time (Park Jams) [Produced by Nottz | Cuts by DJ Babu]
- Delay The Issue featuring Fly Anakin [Additional vocals by Luke James | Produced by Evidence]
- Taylor Made Suit [Produced by V Don]
- Where We Going From Here… [Produced by Sebb Bash]