In this episode of “People’s Party With Talib Kweli”, Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with actress:
Below is what they cover in this episode with Dascha:
- Her Brooklyn upbringing as well as her Afro-Dominican heritage.
- Backlash over some tweets and a wider discussion on cancel culture.
- Working as a nurse while filming the first season of OITNB.
- The cycle of multi-generational incinerations represented on OITNB.
- How she mentally and physically prepares for intense scenes like the prison riot.
- Laverne Cox with her representation and advocacy of the transgender community.
- Working with James Earl Jones, Rosario Dawson and auditioning for Martin Scorsese.
- Being inspired by Ava DuVernay in how she empowers others.
- Having ambitions of making music and songwriting.
- Channeling emotions for her acting through music.
- Her friendship with Natasha Lyonne and working on ‘Russian Doll’.
- What the future holds for Dascha in film as well as music.