In this episode of “People’s Party With Talib Kweli,” Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper, musician, activist, and hailed queen of bounce music:
Here are a few of the topics they’re covering in the last episode of 2020:
- New Orleans’ evolution in accepting Freedia and her open homosexuality.
- The rap group Showboys and how ‘Triggaman‘ gave birth to 1,000 bounce songs.
- Homophobia in hip-hop and breaking through to other artists.
- The ‘Freedia Got a Gun’ documentary and her anti-violence activism.
- Breaking the world record for twerking.
- Working with Beyoncé, “Formation“, and how it impacted Freedia’s career.
- Working with Drake on “Nice for What” and “In My Feelings”.
- Working with Cash Money Records and getting love from Lil’ Wayne.
- How Freedia helped heal her city following the wrath of Hurricane Katrina.
All this and much more. Make sure to check the episode start to finish!